Thursday, January 26, 2006

if you can't be in the place you love, love the place you're in

Thursday, January 26, 2006
At the moment, I'd love to be just about anywhere but Calgary. Don't get me wrong, I love this city- it's one of the two places I've ever called home. However, late-January blues combined with too much Sex and the City and trips by the Travel Cuts (plus a conversation with my Travel-Agent Aunt) has really started an itch to get the heck out of Dodge.

If I could, I'd go...(In no particular order)

1. To Cuba, with my friend Jane.
2. To Brisbane, to see my friend Jane.
3. To Québec City, or Montréal.
4. Thailand, for kicks.
5. I'd love to go to Africa- Kenya, or Cameroon. Blame that one on Uncle Ray...
6. Greece. Mm, Greece...
7. New York, New York!
8. I could go on forever.

I guess I'm jealous because Dad's off to Paris in a few weeks (okay, I hated Paris...), and then Mom and Dad are off to Rome soon. Ted and Colleen are headed to Honduras, Lauren's taking off to Mexico (yay, sublet her apartment time!) and even Jane's going to Melbourne. I'm going, once again, to Saskatchewan.

Okay, that's nearly enough bitching. In today's news, Kathleen and I finally agreed on the ultimate words to live by:

Men. Can't live with them, can orgasm without them, but it's just not the same.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Megan, I couldn't agree more. I would absolutely love to plan a trip for the near future. As you know, Ray, Roni and our dear Grandma Clara are going off to Hawaii for a month - I wish they had an extra ticket for me. My friend Meghan and her bf are going to Costa Rica, My friend Michelle just got engaged to her bf in Mexico, and Katherine and her bf just got back from the dominican.

Now, if I recall correctly, you and I (and I guess Al) are the only ones in our bailey family who haven't gone on a trip in the last year. Ray and Roni went to Vegas a few months back - as did your parents (on a seperate occasion). Austin is spoken for and Ted/Colleen/Matt went on a scuba diving excursion not too long ago too.

It is time for OUR adventures!!!

Meg said...

I'd forgotten that the Ted Baileys' had been to Palau and Yap less than a year ago..you're right! We're getting seriously ripped off here...

I think my passport has expired. I'd better get on that!