Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday, January 13, 2006
Job Search

Today, I have decided to continue the inevitable hunt for gainful employment upon graduation. I've got 6 months to find the dream job I've always wanted, that will enable me to use the skills I've learned in the past 4 years.

Anyway, today's top find:

K-Y Promotional Rep. As we approach the busy Valentine season, they are looking for an eager and willing candidate. Benefits are questionable, but I'm sure it's an interesting and challenging position!

And obviously, the perks!! Free samples, and I'm sure it's one of those places that requires some sort of personal endorsment. However, I'm not sure if at my 10 year high school reunion, I'd like a nametag that says, "Megan Bailey, Valedictorian, Lube Salesman"

In other news, I did find what is reasonably close to a dream entry-level position, at the Bay. Yes, Mom, I paid threw the nose for 4 years to work at the Bay. As the Special Events Manager, I'd get to be both the social whore I'm so inclined to be, and work for a serious, well-respected, aged company. Now I just have to dust off the resume, and write a BS coverletter, and hope and pray they'll take a chance on a new grad.

Well, that's all for me. Tonight I'm going to see Mrs. Henderson Presents, and then moseying on down to BeerPizza.

0 comments: