Saturday, February 18, 2006

Can you go home again?

Saturday, February 18, 2006
So, this is where I'm spending my reading break:


Going home is strange, particularily when you've moved from a town of just over 400 to a city of just under 1,000,000. It's weird, not locking car doors, waving at everyone, and being watched, all the time. I can't go anywhere, not even to the post office, without running into someone that "knew me when..". I suppose it's not a bad thing, and as far as where my roots are, there's no confusion- but I have to admit that I get really fed up with people asking intrusive questions about my personal life and judging my personal appearance. Really, Citizens of Eatonia, if you wanted to know the dirt on me, you could just read my blog. Or, ask my mother, next time you see her at the beauty salon, which is every 4 weeks, if you're wondering.

If any of those esteemed citizens should be reading, here's the scoop. Yes, I'm still a feminist. Nope, I'm still dating men. No, not getting married anytime soon! (like everyone else I graduated with, it seems...) Yes, I'm convocating- November, to be exact. No, I didn't go into education. Yes, I'm in Business. Nope, I'm not going to be a secretary- I'm going to have one.

(Those are, indeed, the questions I'm asked most often when I go home...)

My dad's in Paris, my brother is in Lethbridge, en route to California. Unfortunately, months of telling him "that car won't make it! You won't even get to the border crossing!" didn't sink in, and sure enough, 253 km into their SPRING BREAK ROAD TRIP!!!! the brakes gave way and the right front axel needs to be replaced. Nothing like sinking $1500 into a car worth barely 2 grand.

Anyway, folks, that's all the exciting news on the Megan Front. This is me, signing out from 602 1st St East!

Oh, and surprise, surprise, my cell phone DOES work here! Bring on the barrage of 3am phone calls...

0 comments: