Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Post About Nothing

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Lately, Lauren and I have noticed an alarming resemblence between our lives and the show Seinfeld. I'm sure that absolutely everyone has had Seinfeld moments, but this got me thinking. No one ever sees themselves as George- no one wants to be the Costanza of the bunch! Whenever I imagine my life as a Seinfeld plot, I'm always Jerry. Is it because Jerry is the witty observer of most of the mayhem? Do we all identify with his baffled, but identifiable protaganism? He is the "everyman", much like Carrie on that other show I'm addicted to, but really...

I think we're all George. It kills me to admit it, but I'm not even Elaine. I'm definitely not Kramer, but in my life, I'm George. Damn, I'm a sidekick on a defunct sitcom. Please, kill me now.

2 comments:

RostockRose said...

We all need a George:

"Do you ever get down on your knees and thank God that you have access to me and my dementia?"

Meg said...

I'm glad I can fill that role, friends.