Friday, February 03, 2006

Red Slobster

Friday, February 03, 2006
Every 6 months, Lauren and I make a holy pilgrimage to Red Lobster on 16th. We need to do this, so we can eat those biscuits (you know EXACTLY the ones I mean, don't you!) and consume more shrimp than we can lift. Now that my friend Lee works there, you'd think I'd be jonesing to go far more often, but today I reaffirmed the "twice a year is enough" manifesto.

Who is at Red Lobster at 3:45pm on a Friday? Well, let me tell you, it was a blue-haired paradise. We really stood out, Lauren and I, with our lack of laugh lines, the hips we were brought into this world with, and perm-free hairdos. But another odd couple stood out a little more...

The hostess (a crusty dungeon tart was she!) seated what appeared to be a mother and teenaged son behind us. However, after some clever eavesdropping, and catching the phrase "you smoke- I can taste it on you" uttered by the "mom", Lauren decided there must be some Mrs. Robinson action going on. This lead to much humming of the Simon and Garfunkel tune, and then lewd gestures in the parking lot. I tell you, it's mayhem when you eat that much shellfish in the afternoon. Call me old-fashioned, but there is no reason a middle aged woman should be fraternizing with a 17 year old boy. I don't fraternize with teenagers.

Well, Slobster- see you in July!

1 comments:

Laurel said...

mmm...shrimp