Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Goodbye, Moody Tuesday

Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Yes, another one. Man, this funk can only be chalked up to one thing: lack of warm weather. Let's face it, no one looks sexy in a parka, least of all me. I'd really appreciate some non-parka wearin' days, where I could schlepp myself to school without looking like a water-resistant, powder-blue vision of frump.

My English 399 class was cancelled this evening, so I did what I've been meaning to do for months...I went to the Uptown for a viewing of "Capote". We read "In Cold Blood" last week, so while the film was relevant and interesting, I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong, it was good, and fully worth my 6 dollar matinee entry. Oscar-winning PSH was a great Capote, and the film really gave an interesting perspective to the writing of the book- which towards the end, had a strange tone.

The really neat thing (or unfortunate thing, if you happen to own or manage the Uptown) was the lack of audience. One other couple and myself enjoyed a private screening. The Uptown is truly beautiful- rows and rows of vintage (and probably original) red seats, mustard velvet curtains, and a balcony. I hope that the small crowd was simply reflected by the fact that it was Tuesday afternoon.

My matinee bliss was interupted by a phone call demanding my T4's. I'm really thankful that my dad is doing my taxes-( I didn't ask, by the way. He just did them...) but I was a little stressed out by the fact that I was downtown, waiting for the train, a good 30 minutes from my apartment and access to any tax information. Oh, well. I guess I'm just an ungrateful brat.

Here's to a tomorrow that might reach a temperature above zero!

4 comments:

backstagebetty said...

Thumbs down to you for getting that song in my head.

Thumbs down.

Anonymous said...

...yeah but its Ruby Tuesday

Meg said...

I know. I'm sure Erin over there does, too!

backstagebetty said...

I did know it was Ruby Tuesday!!!

I got the reference.

P.S. to anonymous, get some grammar. It's "it's".