Monday, March 27, 2006

portions for foxes

Monday, March 27, 2006
I saw Watermelon Guy again today. I did indeed say more than "mmggghhnghhemeheheh" to him. I'm not sure what we exchanged was even an exchange- far from a conversation- maybe more comments directed to him on my part, and whether or not he actually acknowleged my existance enough to respond is beyond me.

I wish I could shake this insane infatuation, but I can't. At least it beats that feeling that creeps on the scene when I've got absolutely no one to obsess about. Being without a "functional adult relationship" is one thing, but knowing that you are currently and utterly without prospects is another thing entirely.

That is why I found myself dabbling in the world of online dating. It took a long time for me to get over the mental block- accepting that it was a legitimate thing to do, that I wasn't an incorrigible loser, or horrendously unattractive- but you know, after going out with a handful (or more...) of guys, I clearly was barking up the wrong tree. Best I sit alone with my wine, than share it with someone who is a complete oaf.

Now, I'm not saying that it was only the guys I met online that were not so much for me- but a wise guy friend of mine once said, "Women try internet dating in an attempt to find something better. Men go online because they can't find anything at all."

Quality over Quantity, I suppose, shall be my new mantra.... just as soon as Lent is over.

(oh- and the title? the song that is currently looping on my iTunes)

4 comments:

Al "Too sexy for my class" Bailey said...

Online dating is like living in your parents basement- but on the internet.

Meg said...

Said by the boy who LIVED IN HIS PARENTS BASEMENT last summer.

backstagebetty said...

oooh, SNAP!

Lady Rose said...

I'm just noticing that Mrs. Sassafrass hasn't updated since Monday. Interesting.....judge not, lest ye be judged young Megan.