Sunday, March 19, 2006

Success!

Sunday, March 19, 2006
The Doog-a-thon was, indeed, quite successfull. We plowed through the entire first season. For a disc-by-disc rundown, and late-night photos, see Lady Rose's blog.

After I got home, Lauren and I hit the Lido for some crinkle fries and cheeseburgers. Not a lot of places in Calgary where you can get a "sit down" dinner for less than ten bucks, but I would never take anyone but close friends there. The Lido is a classic, like worn out sweat pants, or red jello. You might not use it to impress, but when you need comfort, there's nothing better than cracked, yellowed vinyl booths, jukebox contraptions at each table, and the white-blond waitress that probably came with the place when it opened. They also make a killer $3.88 full breakfast (but you have to pay extra for the milkshake!)

Lauren and I waited around for a movie at the Plaza (Walk the Line), and walked home in the snow. Cheap plastic shoes, while cute, are not conducive to snowy walks home. Thankfully, she lent me some socks.

I'm kind of down right now. I guess it's just getting hit with the full force of another weekend almost over, another semester almost over, another night almost over. What's going to happen in the next 8 weeks? Where will I be living? Working? Studying? I don't even know what province I'll be in- or country, for that matter. My birthday is in a few weeks, and all I want is some clarity.

And maybe friends that don't hate each other. I'm really tired of apologizing for who I spend time with, guys.

Just this once. Please?

1 comments:

Carmabelle said...

Meganroo, you could hang out with the BBB OR the ABC (which are probably references you don't get, but trust me, I hate them with the fiery passion of a thousand suns) and I would still love you. I would be concerned for your mental, social, and religious well being...but I would still love you just the same.
But just for the record, if you start hanging out with them, they will probably brain wash you to hate me...so I would advise against it.