Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Today Looks Un-Promising

Tuesday, March 07, 2006
I don't think I'll be sneaking in my usual pre-evening class nap today. Those poor people in my English Class, they're going to have to deal not only with a Megan that talks alot, but a cranky Megan that talks alot. Poor, Poor Detective Fiction!

This is my outrage of the day: Why is it that when a person actually speaks in class- in a smaller class, say, 35- the rest of his or her peers get upset? It's a discussion, people! If I have something to say, there is no way I'm holding it back. I hope that I never sound ignorant or stupid- I've done the readings, that's why I'm there. I want to hear what you have to say, too! It's not only the professor who has ideas; for the love of god, talk! (I'm referring to you, ladies of the english class) I'm paying through the nose for this education, and you'd better believe that by the end of it, I've learned that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

And the A.

6 comments:

L-diggs said...

Jesus Christ. I'm a wreck Megan, and your blog is the only thing that keeps me going. Let it be known and reiterated: Today is Un-promising, no doubt about it.

Get the A, talk in class and Marlowe is not a type of wine. Fuck you March, fuck you.

Carmabelle said...

If you can't talk in English? When CAN you talk? It's like one of the only classes where you are allowed to have an opinion and interpret stuff. There's no room for intelligent comments in physics or math or biology. Its all my way or the highway. So keep talking my lovely....its people like you that make getting my English degree less painful.

backstagebetty said...

How much talking are we talking here?
Do you have a comment on EVERYTHING?
Has the class become more of a "conversation" between you and the prof than a "discussion" amongst a group of intellectuals?

Because if you are that girl that has to comment on EVERYTHING, then I would also hate you.

Sorry.

Meg said...

But we're related! You can't hate me- I've known you since you were born!

backstagebetty said...

That's true. Bros before hos I guess. Even though that doesn't really make sense.

Caitlin said...

I loved English... it was the only class where I could make comments and people wouldn't look at me like I was a crackwhore. Power to you hun... keep on speaking up!