Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ciao, Mom and Dad!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006
My parents are leaving tomorrow for two weeks in Europe. I am jealous, for sure, of their wanderings, but not jealous of the fact that they are taking a group of teenagers with them. I admit, I wish I was a chaperone- and had my exam schedule and life not been directly conflicting with this trip, I would have gone, and ruled with an iron fist over those youth...when I wasn't busy meeting the Marco or Antonio or Hans of my dreams.

This weekend, I had the pleasure of catching a Sunday evening movie with the Roses. "Lucky Number Slevin" is definitely worth seeing, despite Bruce Willis' inability to be any other character than Bruce Willis, Lucy Liu's annoying bounciness, and Josh Hartnett's...well, facial hair. Of note is the film's ability to use all the geometric patterns in existance. I noticed. It was distracting, but in an interesting, "what could this possibly MEAN?!" kind of way. Got me thinking about backward construction, which reminded me that I have an English essay due tomorrow...

So, tomorrow, Prof. Hadley, I shall hand in 1209 words of complete and utter meaningless rhetoric, on the true crime novel, the detective fiction genre, the concept of justice and the consequences of longing as expressed by humanity and the characters in "In Cold Blood". Enjoy reading it over Easter break...just as I will enjoy not being in Europe with my parents.

Wait, enjoy does not exactly express my feelings there. At least the Easter bunny will still visit my...wait a second...dammit! Mom, at least you could have mailed me some chocolate rabbits before you left for Roma!

8 comments:

Dad said...

Well, your mom might not have sent you a chocolate bunny, but your dad is in the process of sending you the equivalent of 350 Euros. Be Happy. Enjoy your last days of student life.

dad

Meg said...

Aww, thanks, dad! I do so love you- and have fun in Europa.

DAD said...

check out these interactive guides and iPod downloads..... I'll be there next week.

backstagebetty said...

The Hans of my dreams will always be Hans Solo. I'm pretty nerdy that way. Oh Hans!!

Meg said...

Yeah, but that's only because for the first you you dated, I refered to Marc as Marc Hamil.

Wasn't he luke skywalker? Oh, the horrible results of drinking with professors.


Damn free beers.

backstagebetty said...

Yes, Mark Hamil was Luke Skywalker. I always thought he was a bit of a pussy. Harrison Ford (young Harrison Ford) was Hans Solo.

Meg said...

I realize this.

However, this afternoon, as I was drunk and blogging in the library (not so suavely, in passing), I totally had this brain wave of a connection with Marcalarc, Hans Solo, and Marc Hamil...but it was so much more clever in my head.

Thank you for listening.

BlogDawg1 said...

I am looking for some good ipod downloads resources for a ratings & review website and beleive or not, yours popped up when I searched for ipod downloads blogs. I read some of the stuff here -- could help. You can check out my ipod downloads reviews at iPod Downloads Reviews