Sunday, April 02, 2006

Oh, the things we don't know.

Sunday, April 02, 2006
The Census Taker came around today. Ordinarily, Rez at the U of C is usually easy to get into, but outside of people that live here, no one ever knocks on the door. 'Round our place, no one ever knocks, period- the door flies open Cosmo Kramer-Style. So when I was diligently procrastinating this afternoon, and I heard a knock but no swinging of the door, I was a little confused.

My confusion only continued. It was a census-taker, which I had heard were maybe-possibly-but probably not-coming around before the end of the month. Okay, I can deal with this- easy and quick questions. There are two women between the ages of 18-24 living here, we are both full-time students, yadda yadda...until..

Census Taker Man: "When you have children, will you send them to a private, public, or Catholic school?"

Megan: "uh......children?"

How the hell am I supposed to know? I have difficulty deciding which breakfast cereal to buy. How will I educate my children, who do not yet and may not ever exist, especially in Calgary?

Your guess is as good as mine, Census man. There are no bebes here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lotta people hope you will home school them........

Meg said...

are you saying that any child of mine is unfit for the school system? Or, that it will take after its mother, and be far too brilliant for mainstream education?

kent said...

What, you're not going to move to Deliverance and become a baby factory?

So much for my prediction....