Monday, April 03, 2006

Yoo-hoo, over here....

Monday, April 03, 2006
I'm so tired of playing "Pick me!!"

For years, I feel like I've been standing in a corner, waiting for someone to pick me. Choose me. Recognize me. Validate me. It's never going to happen, y'know. I've been standing here for almost a decade, and no change. At this point, I'm pretty much convinced I'll never get a job.

For that matter, I'll probably spend the rest of my life alone.

I'll never be the person that prompts other people to cross a room to talk to her. I'm a "personality" girl, which I wouldn't ever want to change- except in careers and romance, to see someone's personality, you have to give them a shot.

GIVE ME A FREAKING SHOT.

Plan B: Get cat. Sell aluminum siding. One day, turn car wheel slightly to the left into concrete overpass.

5 comments:

Lady Rose said...

Don't stress about the job thing. You know that you could get a crappy sales job in a second if you wanted it. But you have a discriminating eye. You have the luxury of being choosy.

And you're not even done school yet!!!!

Laurel said...

Megan - do you remember what you told me when I was stressed out about a job? You said it will come... and it did. Listen to your own advice too! Hang in there!

Laurel said...

there's always the pink flamingo in Eatonia too...right!

L-diggs said...

Dude man, those are some dark days. Throw on some Elliott Smith, put on your black and lay down on the floor and weep. This probably won't make a difference really... I say get drunk and eat chicken fingers (already happening in my mind). I guess this doesn't really settle the job thing. Fuck, they told us this was going to happen... and my wisdom isn't really helping is it? Just keep dreaming of being Carrie man.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money