Saturday, May 27, 2006

Happy Birthday, Sibbie

Saturday, May 27, 2006
Today was my baby brother's 20th birthday. I can't believe...nah, that's crap- I can believe it, and I'm proud, because he also got a job working for the Stamps- free football tix for me- and he's clearly accomplished much, much more than I ever will. Congrats (with no bitterness, really) bro.

In other unrelated news, why is it that I seem to attract conversations that inevitably include the phrases "I wouldn't usually say this in front of a girl..."

Some women may be offended, and ask the "Am I not girlie enough?" I mean, clearly, people, I have boobs (whoops, search engine disaster, again...) and I look at least quasi-feminine. I can be girlie with the best of them.

And this rant isn't directed at certain staff members of the Pumphouse, namely the bar dude-okay, sort of, but only because he asked me, "so, what's so great about your blog, anyways?" and therefore, I must blog about it- but at the general population. Is it because I am from an area that is about 70% male? Do I smack of rural that much? Is it because offensive things often come out of my mouth? Can people tell that I'm not going to freak out?

I think it's something to be proud of. I'm not going to be all uppons if the conversation turns to bodily fluids, superheroes, sports analogies, or gross-things-my-roommate-does-when-I'm-not-home. I can handle it.

There should be like, an adult version of Brownies, where you get badges for things- this would be the "One of the Guys- well, at least, sort of" badge.

That said- there are some things that are just off-limits in mixed company...and because my blog readership, imaginary or not, is indeed mixed, well- I just won't go into them.

10 comments:

backstagebetty said...

I painted my toenails red on wednesday. "cherry pop" it's called. I thought of you.

Layial said...

HAHA i love it Meg...
p.s. what have you been up to...its been a while

Meg said...

Awww...

"only tarts wear red nail polish"

I miss you, edot.

kent said...

What exactly is your brother doing for the Stamps? Event marketing?

Al "So Hot Right Now" Bailey said...

I'm playing linebacker.

kent said...

Haha...good luck stopping ricky williams.

Ever tried to take on a semi on Deerfoot? I imagine ricky williams would have the same effect.

Meg said...

He's...throwing tshirts?

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.