Saturday, June 10, 2006

Mormons and Marshmallows

Saturday, June 10, 2006
So, have you ever noticed the extreeeemly satisfying sound that marshmallows make when you bite into them? It's like "biting into an angel..." or maybe "like the sidewalks in heaven".

I wouldn't want to bite a curb here, so maybe I'll go with option A.

Anyway, last night I was on my way to the Yardhouse to meet Lady Rose and her Lovely Friends. The Yardhouse is about 3 blocks from my house, so I was on foot, of course. I was intercepted by two very clean men in matching suits with nametags.

Them: "Do you have a few minutes to talk to us about God?"

Me: "Uh, I'm sort of in a hurry...I'm on the way to the bar..." (WRONG ANSWER)

Them: "Well. Are you a Christian?"

Me: "Yeah, I'm Catholic."

Them: "WELL"

Me: "Uh..."

Them: "Well. Here's a book of Mormon. You should read these sections."

So, I took my Book of Mormon to the bar with me, and gave them Lauren's phone number so they can call in a few weeks to "discuss".

Yes, I'm mean. And possibly sacreligious, but man, those marshmallows...

1 comments:

diggs said...

Yeah marshmellows. And controlled substances from someone elses freezer. We must discuss the conduct of your brother at the party i had before i left. Dear diary, this is such a strange world.

I miss my heterosexual life partner.