Monday, June 05, 2006

Oh, Crippling Social Insecurity...

Monday, June 05, 2006
I got off work an hour early today, so that I could make it on time for class tonight (for once!). We're going on a field trip to the River Café, one of the "nicer" restaurants in Calgary. I can assume that I will never again dine at this establishment, at least not on my dime.

But you know what? I don't want to go. I don't want to spend 4 hours with people I don't like, eating expensive food that I paid for unknowingly (sneaky registrars...) and listening to some self-rightous chef stammer on and on. I have a hunch that we'll be eating pork, the meat I don't consume, and that I'll get stuck at a table of 6 people I despise.

I know, I should be thinking positively, I mean, I could be going to a Calgary ACTS meeting!

I'm just not really in the mood to make polite small talk with people. I'm sure that my table-mates won't want to hear about my crummy mood at lenght, and I don't give a damn about theirs. I don't even get to see my friends!

For what it's worth, I'd rather just go to Ali's Awesome Kitchen and eat pizza, so long as I could choose the company.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.