Friday, January 05, 2007

But I'm just so biiiizzzzy.

Friday, January 05, 2007
You know what really irks me? When people say that they’re just “too busy” to do something. Alright, I admit, that there are indeed times when one is actually and legitimately too busy to get around to things, and that’s fine. I’m frequently too busy to do a lot of things, including writing the Great Canadian Novel, too busy to practice my Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech, and too busy to feed orphaned baby eagles. However, when someone tells me that they’re too busy to accomplish the simplest of tasks, that don’t require any real labour, what I really want to hear is the truth.

“Sorry, I’ve just been too busy sitting on my ass eating chips and watching reruns on the Life network/sports games that have no relevance or importance whatsoever/chatting to babes on the internet. I’ll get around to what you’re asking me to do…someday, but by then it will probably be too late. Sorry.”

That’s not too busy. That’s “I don’t wanna”. Let’s call a spade a spade and move on. If you told me the truth, I would no longer expect you to actually accomplish the task at hand, and probably just do it myself. Capiche?

3 comments:

senorping said...

...looks like you've been talking to your brother lately

PatZ said...

hey it takes effort to get those chips to your mouth. that's busy work.

Anonymous said...

Woω, awesome blоg layout! How long haѵе you been
blogging for? you maκe blogging look easу.

The overall looκ of youг website is wonԁerful, let аlone the
content!

Visit my site; vancouver hcg diet
Also see my website: hcg homeopathic diet