Thursday, November 22, 2007

8 Habits of Highly Ineffective Megans

Thursday, November 22, 2007
Damn you, interweb blogging. Okay, so please forgive me while I bring you this specially requested, limited edition version of Things You Don't Know About Megan. Except this time there are only eight of them and some of them you may know.
So here's how this works:

The rules: Each player lists 8 random facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 4 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


1. I don't bite my nails. Ever. I also don't chew on the ends of my hair. I think both are disgusting, but I have friends who do these things on the regular. It is all I have to not smack them when we go to movies or plays and they snap their nails with their teeth in the otherwise-silent darkness. But I love those people anyway. I am so benevolent.

2. I started colouring my hair when I was just shy of 14. I stopped a year ago to let my hair return to its natural colour for two reasons: one, I couldn't remember exactly what colour it was, and two, because I know my days as a natural brunette are numbered and while I'd be one hell of a silver fox, I want to milk those dye-free days as long as I can before I start lying about my age.

3. Sometimes I introduce myself to people I don't care to see again as "Sarah". That way, when they stop me on the street or the bus or in Blockbuster, I can be all, 'Oh, no, I'm sorry, you must have confused me with someone else- that's not my name." This is weird because I have now had two different roommates named Sarah. It's a solid name.

4. I never use ALL of the conditioner/shampoo/body wash in the bottle. I always leave just a little bit in the bottle, and buy new product. My theory here is that in the case of emergency, I am ensuring that I will never run out of conditioner. There is nothing worse than having really naturally thick and unruly hair, being halfway through the shower and finding the bottle of creme rinse completely empty. I guess poverty and starving to death with a passel of infants would be worse... oh, I am so shallow.

5. Of all the spreadable cream cheese products, I only like Philadelphia light strawberry cream cheese. And I could probably eat a whole container of it without any vehicle to spread it on- bagels, apples, whatever- but then I would end up the size of a whale. So I don't buy it regularly, but when I do, I take it to work and leave it in the office fridge, because the fact that I am quite concerned that the people I work with would be so shocked and horrified to find me eating strawberry cream cheese by the spoonful is a strong enough deterrent to stop me from eating strawberry cream cheese by the spoonful.

6. Every night before I go to bed I say to whoever is in the house, "Have a good night. See you tomorrow." Be it my parents, roommate, friends, paramour, dog, rented cat- whoever is around to hear it. This is to prevent me from dying in my sleep, because Megans like to keep promises.

7. I always brush my teeth before I have breakfast, which never fails to ruin the experience of citrus fruit or juice. You'd think I'd learn, but alas. No.

8. I never put my laundry away right away- actually, quite often the clothes go from the 'clean' basket to the 'dirty basket' and never see the inside of my dresser drawers. However, when I'm staying in a hotel- which I do all the time now that I'm a frequent business traveller- the very first thing I do after I check in is hang up all of my clothing and put my socks/lingerie in a drawer. Why? Because god forbid the housekeeping staff think I am allergic to hangers. Also, because it makes it feel less like I'm living out of a suitcase and more like I'm a grown-up lady.

I tag:

Amanda
Jon, who will blog again if it kills me
Snowflake and Senor Ping
Kent

1 comments:

Snowflake said...

I've tagged my 4 (actually the only 4 people I know who have a blog besides you)