Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Sign of Terminal illness??

Wednesday, November 21, 2007
You know how when you were a little kid and your tummy hurt, or you'd thrown up, or you were just hot and couldn't sleep- how you'd yell from under the covers, "Mom. Mooooom. Maaammmmaaa. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. MOM! MOM" and then finally, "Dad?"

And then your parent, who was enjoying a child-free evening, or maybe even had been deep asleep- would trudge in and make it all better?

Well...Mom? Mom? Maaammammmmaa?

I decided this morning that I would go shopping after work, get a manicure and buy some new shoes. By 4:30, I'd talked myself out of it with the logic that I could paint my own nails and I didn't really need another pair of shoes.

Mom? Mom? I think I'm sick.

3 comments:

PatZ said...

dad's always get you way better food to eat when you're sick.
germs are annoying because they spread. much like being tagged. which you now are. hah! more random facts time!

PatZ said...

ummmm i guess that depends on what kind of hip you're looking for. shopping hip, then hit up Robson St. or Granville St. Touristy hip, then Granville Island, Science World, Stanley Park, Grouse Mountain, the Capilano Suspension Bridge, the VAG...art gallery, Wreck Beach. Drinking hip...well, that all depends on what kind of place you want to go. shitty club beats, Honey Lounge, $20 cover with Armani shirts and LV clasps at Plush, orrrrrrr rock out with your sock out at the Blarney Stone or the Cambie. and if you ask, i'm vetoing anything but the last two cause that's pretty much where i go because a)i hate clubs b)im too lazy to expand beyond them.

Meg said...

Ooooh, I don't even know if I want to admit publicly where we ended up on Friday night. 'Twas hella good fun, though.