Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Stuff I Wish I Knew For Sure

Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Why the kitchen at work always smells like ham. Or lillies. And why I think that lillies smell like ham, for that matter.

What exactly chapstick is made of.

How it's all going to end.

What to get everyone for Christmas.

Why my profession is frequently chosen as the job of the main character in Chicklit/Romance Novels/Popular TV Shows. Dudes. It's not as sexy as it sounds...

How to get a solid eight hours of sleep every night.

How to calculate derivatives.

If it's really all worth it.

1 comments:

Miss Canthus said...

I can more or less help you out with two answers:

Regarding chapstick, I used to make my own. While it wasn't identical, the recipe was simple: beewax, cocoa butter and rosemary oil.

Regarding Christmas presents, I just discoved www.kiva.org and their gift certificates. Its about loaning money to small-time entrepreneurs in other countries. I just loaned to 4 people in Azerbaijan. I love the concept and the website is excellent.