Friday, December 21, 2007

I'll Be Home (For Approximately Fourteen Hours Before) Christmas

Friday, December 21, 2007
It's that time of the year again, my friends.

Where my brother Al and I load up the Intrepid with presents and laundry and make our way back across the prairies, setting sail for home in a yacht of a car that at this point is almost older than the kids now licenseable to drive it, not to mention the fact that it is barely road worthy.

We now pause so my mother can hyperventilate.

So in a few short hours, Al and I will bicker our way across the flatlands, stop for coffee and timbits, and I'll fall asleep and he'll slowly pull the car to a stop, point the nose in the direction of the ditch and scream.

Oh, what fun, it is to ride in a four door Chrysler of doom.

So this is it from me, until I get back home, and then ship off to the land of sketchy wifi stolen from my grandma's neighbours (thanks random yorktonners!) and endless perogies. I wish you a festive holiday season.

With love,

Meg

0 comments: