Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Second Triple-Axel to the Right

Tuesday, December 11, 2007
This morning I caught my reflection in the mirror at the office, and something about the combination of green cowl-neck sweater, brown suede boots and my bob haircut pulled back with a headband seemed to scream "Peter Pan!".

And then I thought, "huh, you know who I always think of when I think of Peter Pan?"

Dorothy Hamil.

Ergo, logically, I must be rocking a Dorothy Hamil hairstyle.

And that, my friends, is nooo good.

4 comments:

Snowflake said...

You must look like your mother did in 1976, 77.....I loved my Dorothy Hamill haircut. It was called the "wedge" and it was my first grown-up hairdo.

Meg said...

Mom, I'd bet the farm on it. I probably look very much like you did in 1977.

alex said...

do you know what I think of when I think of peter pan? Sven... and lint... because i'm pretty certain those costumes were just glorified dryer lint...

so consider yourself lucky

Carmen (of the P variety) said...

Meg, I was channel flipping this morning and Dorothy Hamil was on an old school rerun of different strokes on Peachtree!
And thanks to this post, I TOTALLY thought of you this morning. HAHAHAHAHA.