Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dear Diary: Mood, Anxious

Tuesday, January 08, 2008
I have a recurring dream.

Usually I only experience it when I'm staying at my parents' house in Saskatchewan, but I had it last night.

It's a dream that makes me terribly stressed. I panic, I wake up in a cold sweat, it really throws off my groove.

I always dream that my teeth are falling out. They crumble, break and disintegrate. And it scares the living daylights out of me.

So, to avoid seeking expensive psychotherapy, I'm going to blog it out.

What I think my mom would say: "Go to the dentist."

What I think my coworkers would say: "Is the stock market crashing? Is that what it means?! Are we headed for a perfect storm of global economic depression?! Oh my god! Buy gold! Don't buy gold! Sell! Sell! SELL WHILE YOU STILL HAVE SOMETHING LEFT TO SELL!!!!!!!!!"

What my roommate would say: "I don't know. Maybe you need to do yoga or drink more water."

What I'm saying: "I can see my quarter-life crisis from here, and it involves platinum blonde hair dye and a six-week bender. It ain't pretty."

3 comments:

PatZ said...

you could start a trend on designer dentures.

Snowflake said...

Go to the dentist!

Breanne said...

I agree with your Mom... or at least give yourself a REALLY thorough brushing & flossing before bed.