Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Hideous Confession

Wednesday, February 20, 2008
I have done something.

Something really, really, pathetic.

Something to be ashamed of, normally.

But because I'm into public humiliation- and by public, I mean, the 7 friends I have that read this, a handful of people I haven't met, and my parents- I'm going to fess up anyway.

You know- or maybe you don't- that Amanda and I started a book club back in May. A group of about 10 women meet monthly, the whole purpose of said club being to encourage myself to read things I wouldn't normally pick up.

Sadly, in the past 9 months, I had already read most of the books we'd selected. But whatever. That's not the point.

The point is, before Monday, I have to read EM Forster's 'A Passage to India'.

But instead of using the 4 idle hours I had yesterday, stuck on a plane, to do something productive, or even to sleep...

I read, at breakneck speed, a novel about teenage vampires. Oh, god, it was good.

Come on.

What would YOU rather read? A Classic novel focused on the Indian independence movement of the 1920s set against the backdrop of the British Raj? Or a smutty book about 17 year old vampires who drive really sexy cars?

Kent, Don't Answer.

4 comments:

Lady Rose said...

aha! bad book club member!! If only we didn't need your living room for our meetings I would shame you out of book club.

...although, you still have plenty of time to finish.

Meg said...

It's true. I do have lots of time to finish it. Plus, if I read it over the weekend, it will be fresh in my mind.

...says the procrastinatory book clubber currently obsessed with a 17 year old vampire.

PatZ said...

I always wondered who bought all those used R.L. Stine books...

Meg said...

I used to hide them under the floor boards, but then I had to find somewhere else to put the bodies.