Monday, February 11, 2008

Throwing away my flat iron

Monday, February 11, 2008
I might as well, the rain here is not conducive to maintaining my coiffure.

So I'm deep in the throes of my longest business trip yet- 8 days across Western Canada, the bulk of it spent in Vancouver. Two days of the weekend were spent shivering and dripping wet on the side of a mountain, waiting in the VIP tent for the arial freestyle competition to start- possibly the coolest sport in the world, possibly the highlight of 2008 so far.

But back to business.

I have done it, boys and girls.

I have achieved a major step in my journey to become a grown-up lady.

I have found, and succesfully worn, tights. Not just once, either. I have worn tights THREE TIMES in the past 10 days.

And they haven't fallen down, scrunched up, rolled over, ran or magically disintegrated in any way.

So what if they cost $42 dollars a pair? (Mom, before you have an aneurism- they are reversible so actually, they only cost $21 dollars a pair! Bargain!)

Next up: Trying to master the three-day unchipped manicure.

Oh, my life, it is so taxing.

4 comments:

PatZ said...

you know you can probably find waterproof tights on Davie St.

Laurel said...

Congratulations on becoming a grown-up lady. I have yet to wear a pair of tights for more than 2 consecutive days.

Breanne said...

$42 on tights??? Are you insane!?! These tights must be miracles. Let me know how long they last... because I think they would have to last MANY years to be worth that much.
Btw... when are you back?? I need a coffee date.

Meg said...

1. I bet you can find a lot of waterproof garments on Davie St. I question whether I appear to be the type of gal who is into that sort of thing.

2. I am insane.

3. They ARE miracles! They're spanx-tastic. Also, they are black on one side and brown on the reverse so they are truly two pairs of tights.

4. I'm back in calgarah tonight, need coffee as well. This weekend?

5. ZOMP, I just attempted to make plans with someone on my blog.