Thursday, March 13, 2008

Adventures at Safeway

Thursday, March 13, 2008
Yesterday afternoon, after I'd had my butt kicked (yet again) by a spastic aerobics instructor, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things.

You should note that the only people grocery shopping at 2:00pm on a Wednesday are seniors, moms, students and the unemployed.

I set my basket full of groceries down and waited patiently- because even though the only people grocery shopping at 2:00 in the afternoon are seniors, moms, students and the unemployed, it was still busy. It's always busy. It's like Safeway exists in some vacuum somewhere, in the land of Constant Rush Hour.

The very nice lady behind me takes one look at my groceries and asks, "Oh! How many little ones do you have at home?"

She meant well.

I mean, I see her point.

Cake mix, icing, froot snacks (not made of real fruit), smarties...



Maybe I should just give up the hunt and spend my days baking semi-homemade desserts?

7 comments:

Snowflake said...

Looks pretty good!

PatZ said...

why don't you just start making up children? that would be way more fun.

Laurel said...

Ah, but it was a delicious cake!

Meg said...

Poor Jimmy, he has rickets and can't have cake.

Breanne said...

BEE-utiful cake!!! You're going to be one of those Moms that makes a Backyardigan cake while the rest of us will have to pay DQ to do it for us... or maybe we can pay you! Perhaps this should be your new career - "cake decorator extraordinaire"!!! I like it.

Meg said...

Breanne, when you have kids, I'll make them a Backyardigan cake. AND, because it's you, I'll do it for free!!

bellini said...

Um. WOW! My mother got me an ice cream cake every year.
I'm allergic to milk.... so anything would be an improvement. but WOW!

Screw Breanne's hypothetical children. MY birthday is September 3...