Monday, March 10, 2008

The Depressing Hours

Monday, March 10, 2008
I tried really hard to go to bed at a decent hour this evening.

I thought to myself, "Self, you should really call it a day around 10:30. That would be a reasonable and realistic goal."

But then I got distracted by random internet content.

And then I started reading a magazine.

And then I got distracted by more random internet content.

And then before I knew it, it was tomorrow and there I was, still awake, still aware of the fact that I've blown my chances at sleep before things get sad sack around these parts.

You might not realize this, but in addition to the wise Nothing Good Happens After 2am Rule, the Normal People Aren't Awake At 1:30 am On School Nights is a guideline that should also be heeded.

Because the hours of 11pm through 3 am is the most incredibly, inexplicably depressing time of the day; something you don't realize when you're tucked into bed, fast asleep and preparing for the day ahead.

1 comments:

Robert said...

Another angst-ridden artist was similarly inspired:
"Feels like the end of the world / This Sunday night... some how I can't seem to find / the quiet inside my mind."