Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ring, RIng, Ring does not go my cell phone...

Thursday, March 27, 2008
There's something you should know about me before I launch into this little diatribe here, and that is: I love anticipation.

Those moments right before, when you know something is going to happen or could happen but you're not sure, you're on the edge of your metaphorical (or, sometimes, literal) seat and you can't do anything but fully be in the moment, waiting. Crossing your fingers and willing the universe silently to please, please, please...

That feeling might actually be better than whatever it is you're waiting on, even.

But this is getting a little ridiculous.

The other contentious point this morning is this: a watched cell phone never rings.

And it's hard not to watch it when it fits in your pocket and you carry it with you everywhere.

Aaaargh.

I'm sorry.

I'll be back to normal soon, and I promise, I will let you know as soon as I know anything regarding what I am vaguely referring to.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I hope your phone rings with good news, Meg. Fingers crossed for you.

Laurel said...

Oh, and now I'm singing "Clang Clang Clang goes the Trolley" (again) thanks in part to you and your parents.

Jo* said...

This is going backwards quite a bit, but I saw this comment and thought of you and this entry:
http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/post/29713198