Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mother Nature? Stick It.

Thursday, April 10, 2008
There is nothing like waking up to three hundred feet of snow in your front yard in mid-April. Except maybe waking up to three hundred feet of snow in your front yard in June, but it's not yet June so I'll worry about that when we get there.

Every single time I decide, 'Tomorrow it will be dry enough, I can rake the leaves and clean up the front and back yard! Hurray!', it snows. I'm not kidding. Every. Single. Time. It's like nature and the rake gods are in it together, to slowly drive me insane until I give up and say, "FINE! RETURN! Return to your natural state of unkemptness! Fine! I'm buying a condo! Never again, lawn maintenance! NEVER AGAIN!"

I get really worked up in the mornings sometimes.

2 comments:

Mother Nature said...

Dear Megan,

For the record, I'm not particularly fond of grass, so feel free to allow your yard to return to its natural state of unkemptness. If your neighbours complain, I'll take care of it.

By the way, you think snow in April or June is bad? Just you wait until you see what I have cooked up for July and August.

Kisses,

Mother Nature

Meg said...

Mother Nature,

Grumblecakes. I hate to say that I agree. Stupid non-indigenous ground covering popular in North America.

Megan