Friday, May 09, 2008

Answers

Friday, May 09, 2008
I really like how some people use the internet like it's a gigantic, international Magic 8-Ball.

I'll admit, sometimes I find myself perplexed and befuddled, staring into this twelve-inch screen, looking for answers. It's the same way that sometimes I open the fridge door and gap out, staring, just looking, hoping that something will jump out at me and cry, "eat me! right here! for I am exactly what you are craving and you just don't know it!".

It's so easy to type any query into the google search field. "What should I have for dinner?" or "What is the weather going to be like this weekend?" or "What does my Mom want for Mother's Day?" are easy enough.

It's people who land here after searching things like "Do I smell like a man?", "Is the ice cream cake at Safeway good?", "How do I get the cute guy at Blockbuster to notice me?" and "How do you pronounce margarine?" that really baffle me.

Are those answers available on the internet?

Have I been wasting my time with introspection and careful self analysis?

Do I really smell like a man?

0 comments: