Thursday, May 29, 2008

Best sandwich ever. Also, New Car Day!

Thursday, May 29, 2008
I just ate what might possibly be the best sandwich EVER.

Imagine if you will, a lightly toasted ham and turkey sandwich with swiss and cheddar cheese (not processed, the real deal here people), crisp lettuce, ripe but firm tomato and the perfect amount of honey-mustard mayonnaise on a fresh ciabatta bun.

We all know how I feel about mayonnaise.

Let me be the first to tell you that my feelings may have changed just a little. But just this time. I did scrape some of it off.

The sandwich was perfectly toasted evenly through, so that the cheese was warm and just a little bubbled, the mayo melted into the nooks and crannies of the delicious bun, and the bun itself was just the right amount of crispy on the outside and warm and soft and chewy on the inside.

My goodness, it was the best sandwich ever.

Might be because I ate it in the park with the sun on my back, sitting on the grass, reading my no-it's-definitely-not-vampire-related-or-smutty-in-the-least fantasy novel.

Or it might be because it was the BEST FREAKING SANDWICH EVER.

Who knows.

In other exciting news, yes, they did put happy crack in my coffee this morning and I am bouncing up and down because in less than 5 hours, I'll be behind the wheel of my brand. new. mazda!

Congratulations me, for doing the adult thing and contributing to the ultimate and untimely demise of the planet.

Also congratulations me for dropping close to twenty grand on a car I didn't even test drive.

3 comments:

PatZ said...

...

i remember sandwiches... they're those delicious things you don't get here...

Meg said...

grumblecakes! how could you live in a world without sandwiches? c'est impossible!

Kathleen said...

Where did this miracle sandwich come from?
Oh, and hooray for car :)