Monday, May 26, 2008

See the big signs and flashing yellow yield lights?

Monday, May 26, 2008
To help me calm down and forget the fact that I was nearly hit by a car in the middle of a controlled crosswalk TWICE this morning, I am composing a list of things that I am looking forward to in the near future.

(Honestly, it's a 20 minute walk, at max. Why do you not stop for me, Calgarians? Why? Can you not see the 5'9 foot woman in red shoes? It's not like I'm invisible! I'm boisterous and kind of conspicious!!)

Onward. Happy thoughts.

1. Spending a lazy Sunday in the sun at Bowview Outdoor Pool. There is almost nothing I love more than a good trashy summer paperback, the smell of sunblock and the contrast between hot sun on skin and cold chlorinated water. Bring on the splashes!

2. The Kensington Sun and Salsa Festival. Beer gardens, street vendors, live music and quality entertainment, half a block from my front door.

3. Escaping the summer heat in a dark airconditioned space. With ABBA. July 18, Mamma Mia The Movie.

4. My first rafting down the Bow trip. Very excited. Will probably drown. That's okay, I had a good run.

5. Weekend getaway to the Banff Springs. Fresh air! Fresh fresh air!

6. Barbeques! Particularly bbq'd corn on the cob.

7. Driving my new car. Fullstop.

8. The pedicure I have booked on Wednesday.

9. Lunch. I'm hungry.

10. Labour Day weekend.

11. Robert's birthday party at the Broken Plate. Opa!

12. Seeing my Grandma Clara this week.

13. Not getting hit by a car in a crosswalk. Fingers crossed.

There we go. Thirteen things I'm excited about/that distract me from the concept of being scraped off pavement.

2 comments:

PatZ said...

i was going to say something but then I remembered I no longer have sympathy for people who complain about traffic in Canada.

Meg said...

Well, true enough. Calgary is not even as bad as Toronto in that regard. But still! I'm getting all NIMBY over here! Is that not my right a a tax-paying, society-contributing, wealthy-province living Canadian?