Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dear Diary: Mood, Undecided.

Thursday, June 19, 2008
I've been convinced all week that I was one day ahead of schedule.

Yesterday I attempted to order the Thursday Special (mmm, turkey sandwich) but was rebuffed. Today I was celebrating the dawn of the weekend and then remembered that nooo, there is in fact ANOTHER DAY stuck in there.

I guess this is what happens when you are anxiously counting down the sleeps.

In other thrilling and exciting news, I chipped a tooth yesterday and now need to find a dentist. Oh, joy. A stranger putting their fingers in my mouth and then charging me through the roof for it because my dental insurance hasn't and wont' kick in until August. Whatever could be more fun than that.

Wait. I know.

Another U of C Alumni networking event. This time it's a pool party!

Aaaand, I'm going home to Mummy this weekend. Actually, I'm going home for a wedding, the WEDDING OF THE YEAR, so stay tuned for reports on exactly how many meats were served, the quality of the midnight lunch, and what happens when I'm uncomfortable enough around people I spent the first eighteen years of my life with to drink too many vodka paralyzers and end up in a messy, messy, wedding-cake-pushing altercation.

Also, come back to discover if I wore inappropriately low cut dress number one (colourful!) or two (black like my enthusiasm!).

2 comments:

C.S. Perry said...

Well, we all love a country mouse livivng in the city.

Basic black is always a safe bet.

Right on.

Robert said...

I'm so looking forward to the full report already. Sorry I didn't preview your outfits. I know you'll look fabulous.
(Go ahead, do it, out-cleave the bride and bridesmaids!)