Friday, June 27, 2008

It's the Long Weekend

Friday, June 27, 2008
Well, actually, it's not. But next week is a short short work week, interrupted by sporadic bursts of time off for things like BBQs (get a half day off) and a Parade (get a whole day off), and our National holiday (get a whole day off).

So I celebrated not getting Monday off by eating veggie sushi rolls in Needle Park. Tonight I'm going for Vietnamese and then watching a late screening of Kung Fu Panda. It's a pan-asian celebration over here.

And I want you all to know that I caved. I faultered. I fell off the wagon. I couldn't take it anymore. I woke up at 8:40 today with a throbbing headache and a heart that can't even fathom how long four more days feels and one hell of a caffeine withdrawl problem. I got to work at 9:02, showered and dressed with a throbbing headache, and could not stand even the thought of powdered coffee whitener.

So I went to Starbucks. And it was freaking great. It was the best latte I've ever had. And I don't regret it at all.

Even if it means that I can't spend that four dollars and seventy-seven cents at Disneyland in September, it was worth it.

2 comments:

Snowflake said...

Well, my only advice to you is that succumbing to the call of the latte is just like when you fall off a bike, you have to pick yourself up and get back on (of course if you break your arm that changes). Just think of all mickey pancakes you can have if you stick to your guns.

Meg said...

Mickey Pancakes!!!!!