Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ohhh, yeah. New radio station.

Thursday, June 12, 2008
Sometimes I need to mix it up. Like any radio station, the fatal flaw of Jack FM or Fuel or whatever else I find it appropriate to listen to during the working hours is repetition.

Like back in the day, Friday nights at the Den, when we knew the party would start as soon as a certain song played. You could count on it- as soon as the opening chords of 'Living on a Prayer' came on, you dropped that vodka special or smirnoff ice *black* and hit the dance floor. Followed up by 'I Love Rock and Roll' and 'Billy Jean', then 'In the Club' and something by Eminem, the same songs played in the same order every Friday for eight months.

And I never complained.

But now that I'm no longer permitted to dull the routine with copious amounts of booze (at least, during the work day), I kind of like to shake things up a bit.

So when Amanda turned me on to a new station (103.1) that plays pretty much all music recorded before I was born, or at least before I was aware that music existed other than the hits made famous by recording superstars like Raffi and musical heavyweights like Fred Penner- I was intrigued.

Hello, workday Marvin Gaye.

Helloo, workday Elton John.

Well, helloooo, workday John, Paul, George and Ringo.

1 comments:

Lady Rose said...

It's a strange day when I manage to turn you onto something new.

Perhaps all the more pleasing for it's rarity.