Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On giving up that which I love the most

Tuesday, June 24, 2008
It is not an exaggeration to say that the last week has been HARD. For two reasons- both of which are things (people are things!) that I love very much and are currently missing from my day-to-day existence.

For those of you playing along at home, I'm still off the Starbucks coffee. I'm on a roll with my poorly-home-brewed caffeine fix, and aside from feeling like I'm depriving myself of just a little bit of hot, steaming. five-dollar joy every single morning, it's not so bad.

That is a bald-faced lie I tell myself to make coping with loss easier. I hate homebrewed coffee. But not as much as I hate powdered coffee whitener. Gak. Note to self: buy cream at store across street from office. That powdered coffee whitener is going to be what drives me back into the loving embrace of the Caffeine Mafia, I swear.

1 comments:

Snowflake said...

Just heard on the radio that you can save $1300 a year if you brew your own morning coffee instead of going to Starbucks. That's quite a few rompers if you ask me!