Friday, June 13, 2008

Whoa. Dude.

Friday, June 13, 2008
Why do I feel like I woke up this morning and all of a sudden, we're halfway through 2008 and I hadn't noticed until that exact moment?

I'm sitting at my desk, innocently sipping my iced passion tea (because without a doubt, what my life needs is more passion) and reading the Globe.

Saturday is Tax Freedom Day. Saturday is the 14th of June. Saturday is one week from full-fledged summer.

What happened to this year?

One day, I'm sitting in the airport lounge at Pearson wearing a suit and waiting for yet another delayed flight home, the next I'm watching the snow melt in sweat pants and waiting for phone calls about new jobs, and now here I am, 6 months has passed, and I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, sitting at a new desk, waiting for our server to go back up (yet again).

Sarah O. said to me in early January that 2008 was going to be the Year of Change. So far, that prediction has been dead on.

I can't even begin to imagine what's going to happen in the second half of this year.

I hope it involves our server going back up so I can actually DO some WORK.

0 comments: