Friday, July 11, 2008

It's not cheating, it's Stampede

Friday, July 11, 2008
Thank god. Only 3 more days of tramps, frat boys in hats, pancakes and excessive boozery. I don't know if I could handle 365 days a year of lycra used where lycra should not be used, people lined up outside a bar when I'm on my lunch break, the smell of stale beer and urine lingering on the sidewalks in the morning, and enough skin exposed during happy hour to require a NC-17 rating.

Just to prove that I'm not totally Constable Bailey of the Fun Police, I will let you know that I could definitely go in for a Stampede full of legitimate rodeo events, more visible rhinestones than upper thighs, and community-focused events that have more to do with getting to know your neighbour (not "getting to know" the hot blonde in payroll) than nursing a hangover.

0 comments: