Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh, and don't forget to save your work!

Thursday, July 10, 2008
I'm wondering a lot of things today.

Why is it that some days, I can sit down and hammer out 10,000 words without any real problems, and other days pulling a paltry 500 words out of a hat seems impossible?

I'm working on a writing project at that place I go from roughly 9-5, five days a week that pays me so I can pay the bills. I feel like I write one paragraph, then delete it. Fourteen words forward, three phrases back. Cut, copy, paste, move around-it's just not working for me today. It wasn't working for me yesterday. I slept on it, but I suppose that my boozey slumber wasn't really conducive to waking up at 2 am with a jolt and the perfect burst of gotta-write-that-down inspiration.

This is why I'm afraid that I'll never really write a novel. Even a novella. Because I always get to a certain point and stop. Delete. Give up, because what I've written is crap and I'd be crazy to believe that anyone would ever want to read it. At this point, I'm not even sure I could write convincing young adult smut.

Grumblecakes. Back to work. I have some text that needs to be highlighted, re-sized and changed to a different font.

0 comments: