Monday, August 18, 2008

New Frontier in Kitchenery

Monday, August 18, 2008
This weekend, I did something I've never done before.

I made waffles.

Okay, actually, when it comes down to it, I did not make the waffles. I observed while someone else made the waffles. BUT! I helped. I was in charge of separating eggs. That's got to count for something, right?

And you are asking yourselves, what the heck is wrong with you that at the age of 24, you have never made waffles?

Well, blogreaders, I grew up in a belgian waffle deprived household. My mom had (still does) a ban on waffle irons. And oddly enough, blenders. Not really sure what the two have in common and how they wronged her, but all I know is- no waffles or blended delights existed in the Bailey home.

But now, I have conquered the fear and the delight of fresh, hot, light and crispy waffles was mine! Mwahaha.

4 comments:

Snowflake said...

I wore the blender out making delightful and nutritious concoctions to replace the not so appetizing items sold in small jars on supermarket shelves and fed to sweet little girls like you!

Snowflake said...

And as to the waffle issue....what's wrong with Eggos?

cw said...

We had a square waffle iron and I definitely had Belgian waffle envy.

Meg said...

I'd like a square waffle iron. I think they look efficient!