Thursday, August 28, 2008

On showing great restraint

Thursday, August 28, 2008
There is a box of Bernard Callebaut chocolates sitting on my desk. It's seriously sitting within arm's reach, staring at me, gawking as I fiddle with logos and pantone swatches for hours and hours on end (poorly- I'm no graphic designer, people! I'm a writer and a talker! durrr). It's sittin' there, all shiny and coppery with gold ribbon, taunting me with innards of expensive chocolatey goodness.

But it's not for me, so I don't get to eat it. Stupid arms-reach delectable tempting chocolate.

I'll just have to distract myself with thoughts of a four-day weekend (hurrah!) in BC (hurrah!) with Gary (hopefully we don't kill each other! hurrah!).

We're leaving tomorrow morning-ish, on a tiny little plane that has, I'm estimating, a 65% chance of crashing into a mountain full o' nature and bursting into nature-scorching flames before we actually land in Castlegar. See you upon our return!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I only wish I could fiddle with logos and pantone swatches for hours and hours!

Ironically most of my day was spent editing the content of a poster... which is not what a graphic designer is supposed to do.

Meg, we're in the wrong offices!

Kathleen said...

Have Fun! Don't burst into flames!