Thursday, August 21, 2008

Surprise!

Thursday, August 21, 2008
Yesterday I got the dodgiest looking envelope in the mail.

It was a large brown envelope, stamped airmail, but it looked much like it had been bungee-corded to the back of a small cargo plane and dragged behind it across an ocean, perhaps chewed on by a rat of the sky, submersed in water and then folded several times before being stuffed in my mailbox.

It was hand-addressed with a barely legible return stamp in the corner, and my first thought was, "dear god, who scammed my address off the internet now?!" followed by, "no, I won't help your wealthy uncle in Nigeria with his tax evasion scheme by giving him my bank account number, and I don't care if you give me half of the loot!"

But I opened it anyway, half expecting to find something spreading the avian flu.

POSTCARDS!

FROM BANGLADESH!

YAY! For mail that is not bills, fraudulent, or flyers despite our "please no flyers" sticker on the mailbox!

Thanks, PatZ!

0 comments: