Friday, August 15, 2008

whiiine

Friday, August 15, 2008
I am in dire need of a vacation. Even a day out of town, a long weekend in which I do very little, or an afternoon of total nothingness would be good right now.

Yeah, yeah, I was unemployed for three months this year, but unemployment is so unlike a vacation. I can't begin to tell you what it's like to not go to work all day for weeks on end and yet, have work be the only thing you think about. You have to do it to understand, and I'm betting that those of you that understand are in exactly the same boat as I am right now.

Disneyland at the end of September cannot come soon enough.

Also, advice to the wise? Don't start a new job, if you can help it, between May and August. It does kill all potential vacation days in the warmth of the summer sun. Unless you're into the chill of office air conditioning. Then go to it!

1 comments:

Lady Rose said...

so close! We'll be Disneying before you know it!