Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A How-to Guide on Using the Women's Washroom, for Men!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008
This was approximately the title of a book I saw at Chapters yesterday afternoon. I really wish I had the forethought to have a copy of it in my purse, for it would have been swell to have on hand this Sunday morning past.

Gary and I were enjoying an abundance of hashbrowns early on Sunday morning before we embarked on a journey to the past- or, Heritage Park, if you hate fun and imagination.

I excused myself to the Ladies' Room, only to open the door and come face to face with the antithesis of a Lady.

I stopped. Opened the door again. Observed the figure on the sign that was quite clearly wearing a skirt. I know that I was not, but I do on occasion, so I just assumed that was the correct door for me!

My Gentleman Opponent looked up and said, "No, you're in the right one".

Then what the h-e-doublehockeysticks are you doing in here?!

And then he proceeded to just kind of linger. I also, awkwardly, lingered.

Do you know how awkward it is to just kind of hang out in a Denny's washroom at 10am on a Sunday?

VERY AWKWARD.

0 comments: