Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Things I didn't do

Tuesday, September 09, 2008
I had really lofty goals for the Summer of 2008. Today I sat huddled in the coffee shop next door (not a starbucks, for those keeping track) listening to the Norah Jones they were playing and realized that Summer is on its last legs. The trees are still green, but their days are numbered.

So I didn't get around to roasting marshmallows over a fire, having a picnic in the park or rafting down the river.

But I did go to a ball game, on an epic, not-exactly-as-planned road trip, to the zoo, on the roller coaster at Calaway Park. I watched several movies in air conditioned bliss, got a wicked sunburn and drank more than my fair share of beers on patios. I saw NIN, played many games of Rock Band, ate the most delicious barbecued hamburger ever made by man, spent time with old friends, made new ones and discovered the wonder of turn-down service at the Banff Springs Hotel.

I guess what this means is that next year, I'll just have to find a beach, pack up a tent, check out Shakespeare in the Park and go watch some fireworks. Hope you'll be there with me when I do.

4 comments:

Gary said...

I know I'll be there with you, for that and more.

Meg said...

I sure hope so :)

Snowflake said...

I was so happy to see that you didn't include entering a marathon with your mother like one of my dear friend's daughter who lives in a much warmer climate has just done. A marathon of shopping....now that is much more doable.

Meg said...

HA! HAHA HA!

I'm sorry. Us? Enter a marathon? Together? You're right, unless it involves credit cards, fitting rooms and shoe outlets, it's not gonna happen.