Thursday, October 30, 2008

BONUS!

Thursday, October 30, 2008
Yeaaaaah, I'm right in the middle of waiting for a giant download that is preventing me from doing the work I need to do until it downloads, so here I be, bloggin' again.

I was in our office kitchen a few minutes ago, refilling my cup of coffee. I love my coffee cup, but I hate the way it fails to keep my coffee hot. It's super cute, it's in a trendy colour scheme and says "coffee" in about 15 different languages all around it. But it's huge. And therefore, before I get to the bottom of the cup, the sweet sweet coffee has gone cold.

I remember my first cup of coffee. It was in the Home Ec Lab during a Junior Boys' volleyball tournament. I was sitting at a table with Candice and Tyler, wating for the next game I reffed to start. They were out of soda, and the coffee was free. It was dark and oily and so strong that I actually put a rolo candy in it to sweeten it.

I remember the first time I went to Starbucks. It was March, we were in Vegas and it had started to snow. Of all things. Snow. Mom and I were shopping and were improperly dressed. We stopped in at Starbucks and I had a hot chocolate. It was so special, such a vacation treat.

Now I drink coffee every day, and it's not special. It's not a treat. It's a necessity, and I am cranky without it. But now I'm all warm fuzzy and sentimental, and my download?

Still not finished.

0 comments: