Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Food Hangover.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Last night after driving back across the barren prairie to "civilization", Gary and I ate more pie and set up his new tv. Or, I ate pie and Gary set up his new tv. (I did help! A little. A very little. And he did get pie, too!)

Then he forced me to watch The Happening.

I hate scary movies. Like, total and utter hatred. I think our relationship almost ended when he made me watch The Ring. Oops, he didn't know that. Oh, well, I am sooo lazy and hate backspacing on this keyboard. So it stands.

As it were, The Happening isn't actually that scary. This time I didn't lie awake, terrified to close my eyes for fear of horrible images burned into my eyelids. Horrible images that still show up whenever I'm alone and it's dark. No, The Happening is about this scary wind and people dying as a result of an airborne scaryness.

So aside from some gore and the dun-dun-duuuunnn cello solos, The Happening wasn't that bad. It wasn't terribly good- I wouldn't recommend that you hunt it down immediately and watch it and re-watch it again and again, but overall, not so bad. And it was blissfully short.

And surprisingly, I wasn't that scared last night when a giant gusting howling windstorm woke us up and required closing of the windows. I only for a moment freaked out, and I don't even think it was that noticeable!

Which is good! I must be getting less chickeny! Which is good!

Because the next movie I'll be subjected to is Dawn of the Dead.

Little does Gary know, the next movie HE'LL be subjected to is the Extended Cut of the Sex and the City Movie, followed closely by a sing-a-long version of Mamma Mia!

4 comments:

Gary said...

Hmm we'd better make these viewings in Blu-ray for me to tolerate them.

Anonymous said...

Why do you hate Gary? Sex and the City? Mamma Mia? For Shame!!! For Shame!!!

Lady Rose said...

How about a Mamma Mia sing-a-long party with a whole gaggle of girls and gay boys. No other straight men allowed. Would that make up for the Ring?

Anonymous said...

Dawn of the Dead is horribly stupid. The dumbest movie ever. Sex and the City, however, is one of the greatest cinematic masterpieces of our time. Good pick Meg.
-Jo