Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The November Blues Came Early

Wednesday, October 15, 2008
There are two months of the year that I generally reserve for melancholy and moping: November and January. November is actually not so bad, because of the lead-up to the Holiday Season and all the festiveness and crap. January is usually worse due to the end of holiday let-down and realizing that showing people love through material posessions is fine and all, but leaves you totally broke.

For some reason, the November Blues have shown up early. I'm not sad for any particular reason, nor am I really that mopey, I'm just bleh.

I want to curl up into a ball wearing my pink socks made out of teddy bear skin, with a bottle of cheap white wine and about 15 crappy romance novels, some indian takeout and my well-worn copy of Love, Actually and hunker down until I make it out the other side of this funk. Listening to whiny Canadian Indie-Rock will certainly help.

Siiiiiiigh.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Googling "november blues" got me this. I agree wholeheartedly. I need a day off just to drink wine, eat take-out, and read crappy books on the couch. I hope your blues are clearing.