Friday, October 24, 2008

Oh, the wisdom of age

Friday, October 24, 2008
I had this theory when I was in university that my eye makeup always, without fail, looked better after sleeping with it on.

A nap wouldn't do. Oh no, I needed to eyeliner myself up, get drunk, dance until 3 in the morning and then pass out with a face full of glittery makeupy stuff. When I awoke, I would be rewarded with perfectly smudged eyeliner. And quite often, really cute hair.

Yeah, well, this theory does not age well. Now when I fall asleep with makeup on (because I'm laaaazy or because these days, I almost always fall asleep on the couch in the middle of a movie, not because I'm out dancing on tables until the wee hours), I look atrocious the next day.

We're talking a pasty skinned, dark shadows under the eyes, messy haired disaster.

Why? Why, Father Time, must you be so cruel like this? It's so not fair.

0 comments: