Friday, October 17, 2008

Rant: Druken Teenagers on Thursdays

Friday, October 17, 2008
Basically I just gave away this entire post with that title line. It's already been a long day and I caved about an hour ago and crosswalked myself over to the Starbucks. Sweet, sweet latte, you taste so good.

After an ardurous and frustrating experience with a "handyman" who came to fix our furnace, Sarah and I were pretty much ready to kill someone/pass out in a chocolate coma/cry.

Actually, Sarah went for a run and I stayed home and did most of those things. Sometimes you have to take one for the team.

First of all, I would like to know what gives anyone the right to speak to my roommate and I like we are children who don't know up from down. My roommate is very handy. I am not, but I do understand the basics of pretty much everything, including a closed electrical circuit. I did not go to Science Camp for nothing!

I would really effing appreciate it if middle-aged men would stop telling me that I'm a "big girl" and should "be able to [reset a thermostat/pump my own gas/pay a bill online]. I CAN TAKE CARE OF MY FREAKING SELF. I KNOW HOW TO DO ALL OF THOSE THINGS. AND MANY MORE. AND YOU SHOULD GO STICK IT, you misogynistic asshole.

I can also use big words.

This was supposed to be about how we had a comatose drunk girl on our lawn last night and how some sketchy kid was dragging her down the sidewalk, and our moral dilemma about calling the police or not, until someone's dad showed up and hauled Drunk Girl away.

But apparently I'm still really pissed off, so it's not.

Sorry.

0 comments: