Friday, October 31, 2008

Spooooooky!

Friday, October 31, 2008
Ah, Halloween! A holiday about eating food that is bad for you.

Wait. All the holidays are pretty much about eating food that is bad for you. Hmm.

I loved Halloween when I was little. I can't believe that this morning it was not minus three thousand degrees and snowing. I remember snow on the ground for every single Halloween. Oh, how good I looked in those lovingly hand-made costumes yanked over a snowsuit.

Some of my fondest Halloween memories are of carving pumpkins with my Mom. If I remember correctly, we had this giant red candle stuck into the lid of a peanutbutter jar that went into the pumpkin each year. And no matter how creative or artistic I tried to be, that jack o' lantern looked exactly the same every single time. (If you'll be Chez Moi this evening, you'll see an example of it on display!)

My favourite all-time Halloween costume? Robin Hood, when I was 3, accompanied by my father, Friar Tuck.

And my favourite Halloween treat? It's definitely not the popcorn balls- those were flinched out of my candy before I even got home, because they were 'dangerous' (Mom's favourite treat). Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Those were my favourite.

And this concludes Megan's walk down Halloween Memory Lane. Thank you for listening.

1 comments:

Snowflake said...

I am kinda partial to the Mickey and Minnie costumes. I'm going to miss seeing all the little ones and their costumes this year. Hope you post a few photos of your evening.